Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Wednesday is hump day!!

30 days to go til my personal challenge is over. Doesn't time fly???

The scales are not my friends this week and I think I may have to post a gain on Friday morning. I guess it’s ok cos I did have my birthday last week and I over indulged a little.

See, that’s the thing, I only overindulged a little. I was really good compared to my old self who would have eaten and drunk everything in sight. It wasn’t even hard, which is great because that means that I have changed my lifestyle for the better and for the long term.

And even though I put on a little bit (maybe half a kilo) I am very very proud of myself. Like I said yesterday I think TTOTM is near so that could be another reason for the slight gain too.

Now if I can just do the same on Saturday at Jazz in the Vines I will be ecstatic!!

Got over another 10,000 steps yesterday, yay me! Couldn’t do quite as long on the treadmill this morning as DH had an early meeting but I’m going to keep my promise that if I don’t get 10,000 steps I’ll get on the treadmill tonight and make sure I do. I was only about 5 minutes short of what I normally do so there shouldn’t be too much to make up anyway.

Have a great day everyone, it’s hump day after all!!

Bri

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

Well done, a controlled indulgence every now and then is essential for our mental health, I think :)

philippa_moore said...

Hi Bri - you shouldn't feel guilty about indulging on your birthday at all. As you said, the important thing is that you've made lifestyle changes for the long haul, not just short term. As long as the feasting doesn't last for days on end, you'll be fine! Enjoy yourself, and enjoy life.

Like you said, when you think about what the old you would have done, you've got every reason in the world to be satisfied with where you are, and proud of yourself.

Hope you're having a lovely day xo

michelle said...

You deserve to be proud of yourself for the positive changes you have made. And hump day......thank goodness..this week seems soooo long. See not only did you get older but you also got wiser.

Margaret said...

Yay you :)

Kellee said...

Oh stuff it - it was your birthday, and if that's not a time to indulge then I don't know when is. We're only human after all, and we have to make our birthdays a little bit different from every other boring day of the year.

You'll be right! And I DO think you can get to the 60s before Christmas. Come on... it's not as far as you think! Go you!