Monday, October 24, 2005

Come Monday it'll be alright








In the words of the famous and talented Jimmy Buffett (Come Monday it'll be alright) ..... except it probably won't. I was a lot heavier on my scales this morning so I think i'll be registering a gain tonight. I'm actually over going to WW meetings and i'm seriously considering just doing it at home myself. I have five paid weeks left and then i'll make the decision.

Especially if, as rumour has it, WW are changing from the "Points" system - which I think is just a money making exercise for them and i'm kind of annoyed about it.

I can't stay for the meetings anymore cos DH doesn't make it in time to meet me and it's not fair on DS to take him in there and keep him quiet for 30 mins when he's been away from me all day.

I know that with treadmilling every morning and doing my two walks a day i'll be fine by Friday and will hopefully have another loss, not as big as last week's but a loss nonetheless.

Anyway, goals for this week:

Treadmill every morning - at least 30 mins
Walk to mail and banking every day
No bad eating
2 litres of water every day
If I don't make it to 10,000 steps by the end of the day, more treadmilling until I get there

Loss required of 2.9 in 5 weeks to make it to 73kg by the time we go away for my work Christmas do, I think this is achievable (I know I said this last week but i'm going to keep posting it as a reminder to myself).

I really wanted to be a 60's girl by Christmas but with all the functions I don't think it will happen. I would need to lose 6 kilos in 9 weeks, which would be achievable under normal circumstances if I was really really good, but there's no way it will happen. I will just be happy to say i've lost 20 kilos this year, what an achievement - if you'd asked me this time last year if I could do that, I would have said "no way".

Actually, now i'm thinking maybe I should give it a go to really get there, what a great Christmas present to myself! Food for thought - why is it always about food??????? hahaha

Have a great week everyone, i'm going to try and digest what i've just written and see how I can help myself along to get as close to the 60's as I can by Christmas. Where has this positive person come from?????

Edit:
I have decided to change my goal weight back to 63 kilos.
If and when I get there, then i'll decide if I want to go further.
58.5 is probably a bit unrealistic but I won't know until I get closer
to the low sixties, so i'll re-evaluate WHEN I get there! (that's better).
I already feel more motivated.
Bri


Bri

6 comments:

philippa_moore said...

Fantastic positive blog - just what I needed.

Have a great day darl xo

Julie's Journey said...

Im exploring and new to all this and just found your blog courtesy of Margaret and it is great. Congratulations on your weight loss so far and Im sure you will be able to lose 2.9kg in 5 weeks. As Margaret said today - put on the determination hat and go for it. I know what you mean about paying money to weight watchers - Im trying it on my own this time, using all the books and information I have gathered over the years I have been a member of WW and putting the money away for a special treat when I get to goal.
Good luck this week.
:o)

Me said...

Happy birthday for yesterday - am so glad you had a good day and got so spoily - you deserve to be spoilt so enjoy !!!!
You can only keep striving for you goals and you can't ask yourself for more than that - there will be times along the way that test you and make you think if it is worth it - don't listen to those voices - it is always worth it when you are wanting to improve what you have.
Take care and have a great week - good luck for weigh in tonight.
Me

michelle said...

Love your goals Bri and I especiall ylove that if you haven't done 10000 stpes at end of the day you will do them at night. That is the attitude that will make the difference. You will soon get to teh mini goal of 73 an dthen downwards to the 60's. Thnaks for giving me a kick in the right direction yesterday.

Leighanne said...

You are nice and positive ~ you will do it!!!
Good luck for weigh in:)

Margaret said...

Well I am all caught up now and I think this is a great post. Especially the edit. This shows that you are determined to get to your goal, and prepared to be realistic about changing things as your body dictates. This sort of thinking will make you a success.

Re ww changing it's system. All businesses change their methods from time to time. Some to improve the system and some to make money. Occassionally it covers both. The tools you have learned will not go away when ww changes the way it does its business. You can still use that information and get the support from others (me) who will continue to use the points method. But I will see what they change too, because we never know, it just may be better :)