Tuesday, October 25, 2005

How can motivation be so fickle?

My motivation is so all over the place at the moment. Yesterday I was super motivated and thinking that possibly I could transform myself into a 60’s girl by Christmas. Pffft, what a bloody joke.

Today I feel so hungry it’s not funny and I just can’t see myself going without stuffing my face today. Maybe TTOTM is just around the corner – actually I think it might be, some investigation to be done here. (*looks in old posts to find out when the last one was*) Yep, it is – or should be anyway, I’m so all over the place since I had the baby I never know when my “friends” will arrive. That explains it then, at least I know why I’m craving food, not necessarily sweet food, just anything at the moment.

I got over my 10,000 steps yesterday, yay for me and I’m on track for doing the same today. DH got up at 4.30am and went for a walk this morning – good for him!! I feel really fantastic after I’ve finished my treadmill walking, cos I know that my previous lazy fat arsed self would have given up on that by now, but my new self is really enjoying the exercise and the feeling of complete joy when I finish doing my half hour stint. Especially as I’m increasing my distance all the time. Yay for me!!

Have a great day everyoneBri

6 comments:

Me said...

Hang in there and you'll get through today but I totally understand where you are coming from on the appearance and then equally quick disappearance of motivation - sometimes he really doesn't stay around long enough !!!
So glad to hear that you are enjoying your treadmill - it makes such a difference when you enjoy the exercise that you do - then it doesn't seem like a chore but more of a fun activity !!
Take care and have a great week !
Me

Leighanne said...

I hate those days when I just wanna eat everything in the house!!
You are doing great on the treadmill!
Hope you have a great week:)

Kathryn said...

Just make sure the stuff you are eating is healthy stuff - carrot sticks etc.

michelle said...

YEP!!!!!Exercise junkie in the making!! And Dh walking at 4.30am. You must be inspiring him.

philippa_moore said...

Love your little picture!

Gee, don't we all have days like this? Hang in there, you'll get through it. You're doing so well.

:)

Margaret said...

Motivation is a tricky one. And because we females are a particularly tricky breed it is hard to pin down exactly what we are going to be feeling from one week to the next.

However, this particular cycle is going to happen for a long long time to come and we need to learn how to beat it, or at least to minimise the damage it can cause. Having the place full of healthy low fat options is a good one. Just munching on something could be enough to stave off the craving for a while. Make up some pots of point free jelly. They are always handy to have in the fridge.

Don't let it get you down. You are doing so well on the treadmill and have come so far.

Hope you get through the night unscathed :)