Sunday, October 02, 2005

I need a nap

My girlfriend came over last night to keep me company while DH was away. I think we got to bed at about 2.30am! Yikes. We had a few drinks, played cards, did some Singstar on the PS2 - what a cack! I'm really tired.

DH on the other hand, didn't get to bed until (he says) 4.30am!! The races weren't what he expected and I think it was a very hot day to be wearing a suit! They ended up going to Kings Cross - as boys do - I rang him at midnight and heard very loud music in the background but he seemed pretty coherent. Especially considering they left where they were staying at 8am yesterday morning to head off to the races.

He is currently pushing out some "zeds" on the recliner lounge and DS is asleep too so i've got time to catch up on some blogs.

I have only eaten once today but unfortunately it was a Filet-of-fish and McFries, I needed something as I was feeling very ill and it was 3pm so I went for a quick fix, old habits sure do die hard don't they?

Oh well, I think we're having chicken greek salad for dinner so that will make up for it.

Tomorrow is a public holiday here so i'll try to convince DH to take DS and I for a big long walk around the lake or something. If it's as hot tomorrow as it is today we'll have to go early, or late as the case may be (probably late cos i'm hoping for a sleep in tomorrow - i've been up at 4.30am the last two mornings with DS).

Also the NRL Grand Final is on today and there are a lot of parties happening around here, everyone seems to be having a BBQ - the smells wafting in the air are amazing - I love the smell of BBQ cooking. Yummo...........

My WWA thing isn't going too well. Day one I did 1132 steps and yesterday I did 1212 - I didn't even bother putting the pedometer on today as I don't think it's working properly. Yesterday morning I looked and it said 743 and 4 hours later it said 787 and i'd been out to the washing line 4 times so that can't be right can it? Bugger that is the third pedometer i've bought that has been a dud, or maybe i'm not doing it properly? Dunno dunno dunno !!!!! All I know is if I can't even make it to 2000 steps in one day, there's a major problem here.

Happy Sunday Evening everyone!

Bri

3 comments:

Jadey said...

Hey babes the best pedometer I have bought so far has cost me $2.99 and it was from Priceline - They are pretty darn accurate too so I bought another one for me (different colour) and one each for Mum & Dad too. I hipoe you had a good weekend.

Kellee said...

Hey hey. I've missed being able to check your blog. Your poor boy - I was nearly in tears reading about his poor eyes. It takes a mum to know how crap it feels when your child is sick and there's very little you can do. Good on you for turning it around though - I hope you were able to enjoy the time you've spent together and I hope he's feeling better soon.

Good to catch up with you again! And thanks for your email too - I'm slowly getting around to writing back to everyone, but I will get around to it eventually!

michelle said...

HI Bri, sounds like combination of G/F and DS waking you has left you very tired. Good on you for losing 500g. You are obviously doing something right. Have a great PH day today.