Saturday, October 15, 2005

Family day

Saturday at our house is family day. It's the only day DH gets off (at the moment) so we usually have plenty to do. Today we have to go shopping and buy two lots of wedding presents, a birthday present for my friend's daughter who's having a party tomorrow AND we have to look for MY birthday present. Not long now til the countdown to 40 starts - sheizer!!

I'm a bit scared to tell you the truth, I can't believe how fast this year has gone and if the next one goes as fast i'll be 40 before I know it and i'll be writing in here "doesn't seem like that long since we started the countdown, does it?"

Yikes.

39 is bad enough (well I can only assume, i'll let you know next week!).

My DH (today its darling husband) has organised tickets to Jazz in the Vines for us (www.jazzinthevines.com.au) . It's on 29th October. My mother is coming to babysit. It's on from 11am to 6pm so i'm sure to get very badly sunburnt, especially with my pale scottish skin, best see what i've got to wear so that I can cover up. I have a hat, of sorts, not sure I like it. I bought it in a rush, I needed a hat for going to the football a couple of years ago and the only one I could find was a straw cowgirl kind of hat made by Roxy, tres expensive, and I think i've only worn it twice so I'd best get another wear out of it. Hope it's not all squashed up in the top of the cupboard!

I'm making a lamb roast for tea, we haven't had a baked dinner for ages so DH said it would be a nice idea. I'll have to try and WW it so that it's a bit healthier than normal, spray oil here we come!

Anyway, have to go and get started now, I wanted to be at the shops by this time but - hey- that's the unpredictable life I have now!!

Have a great day everyone.

Bri

3 comments:

Sue said...

Trust me - 40 is great! I'm loving it! Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

Mary said...

Yeah, trust Sue! :-) Jazz in the Vines sounds like a great thing to do too. I love Jazz and actually just bought a Barry Adamson CD yesterday. The cowboy hat sounds cool. I hope you are having a great weekend. Lamb roast...mmm, yum.

michelle said...

YEh 40 is not old...just wise!!! Have fun shopping.