Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Bloody rain

It's raining, but I still went for my walk to get the mail this morning (good girl!!). Now it's absolutely pouring so i'm lucky I went early, but it's not looking good for the bank run. My pedometer already says 5279 as I did half an hour on the treadmill this morning too (yay!! day three and I haven't broken it yet - the habit - not the treadmill!).

It's killing me getting up at 5.30am though, especially with getting up through the night with DS.

I've been really really good with my food, and i'm even tracking again, honestly tracking not "forgetting" anything! The scales are still going the wrong way, I don't know what's wrong, i'm being soooo good it's not funny and it seems like everything is going against me, i'm not going to give in though, i'm going to win this time.

Only a month til the first wedding I have to go to so i'm determined i'm going to be at least under 75kg by then and hopefully a lot better than that - 73 or lower is what i'm heading for - come on body catch up with the good me and shed those filthy kilos!! I would love to be under 70kg by Christmas.

Had to fight with DS all morning, he woke up an hour later than normal and he just wasn't in "go" mode, but I had to get out and get to work. He kept rolling over on the change table and didn't want his nappy changed. Then 10 minutes later he dirtied his nappy just as I was about to go out the door (isn't that always the way) and THEN he put his hands in "it" and I had to just about bath him. When I finally got him into the car he did that stiff as a board thing when I was trying to get him into the car seat and I had to basically push him into the seat.

Of course then I got the guilts cos I felt like i'd been mean to him and I had a few tears in the car on the way to work.

Motherhood - the hardest vocation on the planet.

Bri

3 comments:

Me said...

Hang in there - I know how hard it is doing the being a mother and working thing - it isn't easy and you can only ask for yourself to do the best that you can.
Don't get the guilts - you didn't hurt him and there are times when you need to remember that you are the parent and he needs to do what you tell him to. I think quite often we fall into the trap of thinking that our children are more fragile (physically, mentally and emotionally) than what they actually are - generally they are very resilient and are just pushing you buttons because that is what they do !
Take care and hope you feel better during the day. Lotsa hugs !
Me

Mary said...

You are doing great on the exercise and food front! Everything else will fall into place :-)

michelle said...

I had forgotten all about that stiff as a board phase. Not funny was it?
I am soooo impressed with the treadmill 3 days in a row. Soon it will become a habit. Remember scales may not show it but you will be toning.