Thursday, October 20, 2005

Can I resist temptation?

I have so many functions to attend in the near future it’s not funny. My birthday, Jazz in the Vines, two weddings, a hens day at the races, Melbourne Cup day, my Christmas party and that’s just for starters.

It’s going to be really hard to lose any weight in November that’s for sure!! But I’m not going to let that stop me!

I will be ecstatically happy though, to have lost 20kg by Christmas so I need to keep up this walking parlaver (?sp) cos I really believe its making a huge difference. Well, it has to doesn’t it?
I have attained my goal of getting 10,000 steps a day for the last 2 days in a row – yay me. I know that isn’t much compared to what some people are doing but considering my average steps a day a couple of weeks ago were around 3000 I’m doing very well, if I do say so myself!!

I’ve also been really good with my eating this week and have kept under my points every day. So I’m hoping for some kind of reward from the scales when I hop on them tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!!

Realistic mini goals:

Be 75 or under by 25 November – 2.1 kilos to go in 4 weeks (depending on tomorrow’s results)

Be 73 or under by Christmas – 4.1 kilos to go in 9 weeks

These goals, I think are very realistic – it only means an average of 0.5 a week or less, so I think I can do this, I just have to keep on my own back (feel free to join me) so that I can get there.

Bri

5 comments:

Me said...

This time of the year is such a difficult time to lose weight. But, I think that 0.5kg per week is totally realistic and definitely do-able if you put your mind to it there is no reason why you can't achieve those goals.

Good luck and take care (I'll be on your back if you get out of hand - don't worry !!!!!)

Me

Kathryn said...

Good luck. It can be hard at this time of year but not un-doable!

Jadey said...

Go Bri - Hanging to hear how you go with your loss. You should make your goal easily! Very well done on the walking - I know how hard it is to keep those steps right up high!

michelle said...

And I will be on your back and think how hard it will be to do those steps then.
Great goal sand you can do it if you stay determind, oh yes an daway from the booze!!!!

Margaret said...

You can do it Bri. Just take one event at a time and be prepared to be a bit leaner on the other days. That's my plan anyway :)