Wednesday, October 05, 2005

A new start ...


OK, i've received a lot of virtual hugs in the last 24 hours, I just want to thank everyone for the kind messages left on my blog yesterday (and those sent by email). I was feeling very low, as you well realise. I can’t keep letting myself get into these rutts cos It’s really damaging my progress.

I am going to take one decision at a time and hope that I can string a whole load of them together.

I received in the mail today, THE most gorgeous dress with matching shawl and jewellery, which is on loan from Michelle (thanks again – you’re the BEST) to wear to the posh wedding on 11 November.

I have 5 weeks til the wedding and I really want to get to 73 kilos by then so that when people say “wow you look great” I can say “yes, thanks, and I feel great cos I’ve lost TWENTY KILOS this year).

Right, so I have (going on this morning’s “first thing” weight) 4.4 kilos to lose – I know I’ll have to be very very good and I’m going to need all the help and motivation I can get from all of you to get me there. (Plus I need DH to do a midnight run to his mother’s house (2 hours away) to get the treadmill).

I just want to thank all of you for helping me with this journey, I know that you realise how very hard this journey is cos you’re all going through it as well, so I thank you for your ongoing support. It would be so much harder without it. My “physical” friends just don’t understand what I’m going through as much as you guys all do.

So, today is a new day and the beginning of a new journey to a slimmer me.

And here’s a reminder from A J Rochester. I have posted this before and I have it on my wall at work and every time I read this passage it reinforces my thoughts on this journey:

“I commit to being the very best that I can be.
I deserve to love, be loved and most importantly of all, to love myself.
I deserve a healthy body and I will never give up on myself, no matter what happens.
I promise to do whatever it takes to make it happen.
Today is the first day of the rest of my life.
A J Rochester”


Thanks guys, wish me luck.
Briony

4 comments:

Kellee said...

Oh Bri, you lovely thing. I am really sorry you've had stuff to deal with. I hope that whatever it is has gone away and you can get on with your journey. I know that you'll make that 20kg by the time the wedding rolls around, and you'll have such a wonderful time. I can't wait to see the pics. You're a cool dude. We love you lots!

michelle said...

20 kg will feel sooooo good. You can do it and we will be here pushing and pulling you when you need it.

Mary said...

That's a great passage to keep you motivated!! I agree with the blogging world too. My friends just don't get it either but that's because we have a different relationship. With writing/reading you get more depth. What an insight!

Margaret said...

You lucky duck. A treadmill. I can see you wearing out the gears now :) Take it one day at a time, but make each day count. Then build on the success each day. You can do this. You will look beautiful at the wedding - regardless of the kgs lost but saying 20kgs will feel great.(I could only manage saying 19.6 but that felt good too:) )

Have a wonderful day