Wednesday, September 07, 2005

My personal challenge

OK so for our work Christmas party this year we're going away for a weekend. We're going to a big house in the country and staying for two nights. This brings up a lot of issues for me:

1. I have to leave Lachlan with other people for those two nights. This is too hard to tackle right now, except that i've organised the mother-in-law to babysit on the Friday night and my mother to babysit on the Saturday night. I'm nearly in tears just thinking about it.

2. I really want to be 60 "something" kilos by then cos I don't want people seeing me in my swimmers, pj's, shorts or whatever when i'm still a fat porker.

I'm thinking that this can be my motivation for losing weight and something to work towards.

There's 12 weeks from this Friday til the day we go away so ultimately to get to my WW goal I need to lose another 14 kilos but i'd be happy to get under 70 kilos before we go, that means I need to lose at least 8 kilos before then, being 0.75 a week, which I can do but I have to be REALLY REALLY good.

Do you think I can do it? I'm thinking maybe yes, maybe no. I'm going to need all the help I can get girls so I want you to get on my back about this whole weight loss thing and really help me to reach this goal.

Pleeeeeeease???????

ps) i'm going to put a side bar on here of my weight loss etc for my personal challenge and i'll update it every week. I'm going to use my "morning" weight on a Friday for this challenge not my WW official weight, as i'm usually lighter on my scales in the morning so this will give me a head start, hopefully!!! Here goes ..............

Bri

6 comments:

Me said...

It is certainly do-able BUT you have to think about EVERYTHING you put into your mouth and decide if it is going to help you get to your goal or not.
Good luck, take care and be good !
Me

Me said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mary said...

Cool, so you got yourself a 12 week challenge. I reckon you can do it or come so close trying so that in itself will be a great achievement.

You just have to be absolutley honest with yourself now. Strip away all the emotions for a second and think, what do I need to do and do I really want to do it.

1. Be Honest
2. Plan
3. Track
4. Exercise

It helps if you have the NO JUNK IN THE HOUSE rule too :-)

michelle said...

Go Briony. YOU CAN DO IT!!!! You have done it now . I will be on your back pushing and pulling you. .75 a week and be a 60s girl. You will hav eto be strong though. NOOOOO Indulgences. Everything counts. Stock up on WW food and treats and get rid of everything else. Exercise, Track, PLan an dbe positive.
ABout Lachlan, he will not suffer butwill actually have a ball. I know I left my 2nd son at a similar age and panicked about it. He slept through the night, ate well and the grandparents loved it. Doesn't matter if their parenting is not exactly how you want it to be because 2 nights won't do any harm. It is also really good for you to have a break.
You were searching for motivation now you have found it. Draw up a plan and track it. Do you have a results graph? If you need one email me and I will send you mine. Helps to see how you are going and how far you have to go.

Margaret said...

It is great that you have set yourself a challenge. This is something that sounds like you really want. How much do you want it? Great!

I will support you. If you support yourself.

Be honest every day.
Track what you eat
Track what you exercise
Be kind to yourself

You are really special and will look fantastic on your holiday. Go for it Bri. :)

Margaret said...

Cheeky!! I am 37 today. I already changed my profile. Thanks for the good wishes. Hope you are having a great day :)