Friday, August 26, 2005

Weekus Horribilus

I know that some of my blogging friends are having hard weeks this week so I will try not to complain too much, my life isn't so bad.

The baby is much better, thanks everyone for your well wishes and kind thoughts. He was really sick and it scared the absolute $h#t out of me. He is just about back to normal now. DH stayed home with him from Wednesday to today (he's between jobs thank goodness) and they've really bonded in that time, which is fantastic too.

I had a "work do" last night and today i'm severely hungover. My boss took his camera with him last night and the photos are pretty bad. There's one of me being lifted up by the boys and my shirt has come up and you can see my bra, but worse than that, my fat gut, baby belly and stretch marks are there for all and sundry to gawk at. I'm so ashamed. I asked him to delete the photo but I don't believe that he has.

I cried about it this afternoon.....

If I was skinny and didn't have a fat belly I wouldn't feel so bad. I thought that losing 15 kg would have made me look so much better, but I now realise I have SUCH a long way further to go.

I ate crap today (Bacon, egg and cheese roll for breakfast, Sausage roll for lunch, packet of S&V chips this afternoon) but that has to stop. Perhaps I should have kept that photo for motivation but I don't think DH would be impressed!!

I so need to get back on the WW wagon.

Wish me luck,
Bri

4 comments:

Mary said...

You're being really tough on yourself babe and I hope you cheer up over the weekend. Don't worry about the photo. You have lost 15kg so far and that is an amazing achievement in itself! You ARE doing well and you should be proud of yourself. Chin up matey :-)

Margaret said...

Aw Bri. That just sucks. You have come an amazingly long way, but that doesn't mean your journey is over. We all have a long way to go - physically AND mentally. Keep your chin up and be the better person.

(I have a photographic reminder of a particularly drunken work christmas party. I turned up to work the next day and just pretended it wasn't me. Looked them right in the eye and said "Nope you must have imagined the whole thing" They got so bored I never heard about it again)

michelle said...

Oh Briony. I can relate to what you are saying.
But first of all; you went out and had a good time. That is important.
Second- you have lost 15kg. Imagine what you would look like and feel with that weight back on?
Thirdly- you have just had a horrific time with Lachlan so you are still recovering from that scare.
Fourthly- we have to lose 20kg so we can meet up.
I do know how you feel. Although I am getting smaller I think I am getting harder on myself because I look at my body and feel disgusted. It still seems such a long way to go doesn't it? But we will do it even though we get off track ocassionally. We are not perfect and we do it the hard way at times but we are not going to fail. Back on track tomorrow OK????

Kellee said...

I really want to give you a big cuddle! Sounds like you need it. Michelle is right - it's important that you had a good time.

Ditto to everything else she said, too. I am sure that even Elle MacPherson has days where she hates her 'baby belly' - I know I do. I try not to let that particular aspect of my body (and the accompanying stretch marks) get me down too much, because without those I wouldn't have my beautiful baby boy. So no matter what weight you are, you may still have those (I'm not saying that to make you sadder, but to make you see that they aren't as bad as you think). And as for the rest, it IS COMING OFF - you've already lost 15, so I know you can lose the next lot too.

You're such a cool dude. Don't let this one incident get you down. You've had a rough week and it all seems a bit hard at the moment, but I promise that it will get better. Come on, you can do it! I have faith in you, so you should too.