Sunday, August 07, 2005

Holy crappoli Batman

I'm not even going to tell you what i've eaten this weekend, you would be upset with me. All i'm going to tell you is that as of tomorrow (yes, I know you've all heard this before, but I really mean it this time) i'm going to be good. No more excuses. This weekend was hard cos we were away at my MIL's and we had some stuff to deal with so we comfort ate. We all needed it though (that's what we're telling ourselves anyway).
On the up side I took the baby for a quick walk this morning, just the two of us, we walked for 25 minutes and I did 3,500 steps. I already have 5,000 for the day and I feel pretty good about that. Well, 5,000 is good for me as sometimes i'm struggling to get past 3,000. I drive to work and park in the driveway there, I sit down all day and then I drive home so I really don't get much walking in through the day. After I bought the pedometer last week I said I would try to do more steps every day than I did the first day and, apart from Friday, I managed to do that.

Last week I made an effort a few days to walk down to pick up the mail for work (about 15 minutes) and to walk the banking up in the afternoon (about 20 mins) so that made a bit of a difference. I think lack of exercise is my main problem so i'm going to try and figure out a way I can get more walking into my days.

I'm also eagerly awaiting some exercise DVD's that a friend is sending me (thanks heaps!!) as i'm going to try and do a bit of that every morning also.

Well, I have to get ready for tomorrow now, so I had best go and start tidying up. I will be very very glad when the SD goes home as i'm absolutely over her today. Her and DH are out playing PS2 at the moment so i'm getting some peace. She is very demanding and "I am-ish" just like her mother. Enough bitching!
I am going to try and remember to write down some things I am grateful for each day as i'm sick (and i'm sure you are too) of my negativity so ....

Things I am grateful for today:

1. My healthy beautiful son (although he's teething so ..... not quite as healthy as normal).

2. The new stroller that DH bought that folds up like an umbrella, which takes up a LOT less room in the boot.

3. OK, I deleted this one cos I said I wouldn't bitch anymore.

Ciao everyone
Hope you had a great weekend.
lots of love,
Bri

2 comments:

michelle said...

It was a weekend you just had to get through and now you have. Have a good week.

Mary said...

Hey hon, most of us have gone through the crap weekend thing. I do most weekends so I am not upset with you at all. Well done on getting your steps up and for being so positive about your exercise. You can do it!