Sunday, August 14, 2005

I think I need professional help.....

Here's my honesty input for this week .....

I think I need professional help. I have this phobia of going out of the house. Which is really stupid .... nevertheless .... it's there.

I can go to work, no problems, I can go to other people's houses, no problems, I can go to band practice, no problems, but try and get out to go to the shops by myself (with or without DS) and there's a problem.

I got dressed to go out this morning, I was dressed before DH left to go to work and I was intent on going out to the shops. DS needs shoes (as I said before) plus there's a heap of other stuff I want (not need, but want!!) so it's money spending - which I love - I was even thinking about getting a new pair of boots for myself, but I can't do it..........

I rang a girlfriend and offered to take her out shopping and then to lunch (she's broke) but she already had plans and now I just can't make myself go to the shops on my own.

I also rang my SIL, but she went to Myer yesterday and was there for four hours.

She says Pumpkin Patch are having a sale, so I should go. She also said that Clinique have their bonus offer on, and I need a new eye pencil anyway so it's great timing ......... but I can't do it....

I'm going to have to find a counsellor or a psychologist - I have to sort this out once and for all.....

It first started when I lived in Helsinki, and I had that S-A-D thing, I couldn't go anywhere, not even to the little shop, not even when the cupboards were empty .........

It's not as bad as it was then, but it's still there, and I had forgotten until today ............

somebody help me.... please.......

2 comments:

Mary said...

I have the same problem seriously but I don't think you need to be too worried. By the sounds of it, you're fine going elsewhere.

Shopping is stressful, especially when it's a huge building with constant marketing being thrown your way and everyone wants you to buy something. My biggest problem is Westfield type complexes. The smells, noise and even the harsh lighting mess with you because it's all very "in your face". My mother always feels like throwing up after about an hour. What makes my partner gag and we experienced this today even, is the new nail salons popping up everywhere. Those fumes are intense and can make you quite dizzy.

Some things you don't have to get used to but you can try and work around it or just make sure you can plan a trip with "someone". Don't worry too much :-)

michelle said...

I wish I could come up there and go shopping with you. But it is a bit far. Try to remember you will not be alone you will have Lachlan. Try some short shopping trips. Also think of them as walks and wear your pedometer.