Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Sick baby

A sick baby who doesn't sleep is very worrying and stressful and tiring. Being tired, stressed and worrying makes me eat crap. Eating crap makes me more tired and being more tired makes me stress and worry more, which makes me more tired and more susceptible to eating crap.

Can you see the pattern here?

Haven't weighed in this week because of Lachie being sick. I'm just beside myself. I really really hope he gets better soon. He had a fever of 39.6 yesterday and 39.1 today.

All mothers out there would know, there's nothing more worrying and upsetting than a sick child.

I hope everyone is going ok and I hope to catch up on your blogs soon, but realistically it won't be until the weekend.

Stay well until then,
Bri

5 comments:

Jadey said...

Get better soon Lachie!!!!

michelle said...

I so understand that pattern at the moment Briony. Try to nap when he does and remember you need to look after yourself as well. Give him a hug for me.

Margaret said...

It is the worst thing in the world. **HUGS**

Do your best, don't beat yourself up, just get through this period. Then as soon as the balance starts to come back in - halt the bad habits and start looking after you.

You can do it. :)

Mary said...

You just take it easy hon and I hope your little fella gets better real soon. Have a great week!

Kellee said...

Sorry to hear that you guys are going through a rough time. Don't feel too bad about what you eat (as long as you're not using this time as an "excuse" to overeat) - just do what you have to do to get through. See doctors and get fourth opinions if you have to, whatever it takes to make Lachlan feel better. If all else fails, just give him lots of hugs and kisses and tell him (and yourself!) that everything will be better soon. Sorry that you have to go through that - it's the mose awful experience a mother can have. Hope it passes quickly.