Saturday, July 30, 2005

Not more housework

It doesn't seem that long since last weekend when I had a tonne of housework to do, and now i'm doing it all over again. It's never ending. I can't believe I haven't posted since Wednesday! The weeks are just flying by.

I have been pretty good this week, except one night when I asked DH to pick up something for tea cos I was too tired to cook, and he brought home KFC. But, in my own defence, I only ate half the burger, a third of the chips and half of the potato and gravy. I would usually eat the whole lot and then eat more aswell, so I was a little restrained.

The other girl that I work with wants to try and lose a bit of weight too so there'll be no more bad influence at work. All the girls who ate takeaway every day have gone. They're also the girls who ate the choc chip biscuits so I won't have to get them anymore either. We'll have Paradise Lites instead, at least that way if I have a couple of biscuits it won't be so bad.

I've also been really good today. Usually on weekends all I do is graze and I haven't done that. Most weekends I spend hopping from the fridge to the pantry and back again (repeat for 8 hours). This morning I had one (YES ONE!) piece of toast with cottage cheese for breakfast, then for lunch a salmon salad sandwich (YES AGAIN ONLY ONE) with a small diet yoghurt. So i've only had 7 points today. Oops that's not enough is it. D'oh. I'll have some fruit later then. We're having pork stir fry for dinner (no rice cos i'm trying to avoid carbs after 3pm).

Last night we had fresh salmon fillets that I bought at the fish co-op yesterday. Yummo, they were great. The scales have finally started moving in a downwards direction so i'm happy with that. Hopefully next week when I weigh in (also the start of the GTG Challenge) i'll be a bit less than the last time I weighed in at WW (two weeks ago - I was 79.2 and I didn't go this week cos I KNOW I would have gone back over the 80kg mark and I would have been devastated). So i've been quite good this week and i'm hoping for a loss. Fingers crossed.

I really want to lose 8kg before my birthday (end of October). That means I have to lose 0.75 a week, which is do-able but i'll have to be strict on myself and try to start some exercise. Then I would be in the 60's (albeit probably 69.9) and I would be exstatic about that. I sort of remember how good it feels to be losing weight but it's so long since the scales went minus instead of plus, i've kind of forgotten. I got myself into a really bad rutt and just couldn't seem to get out of it. Now that we've started this Get to Goal Challenge i'm feeling a little remotivated and i'm hoping for great results over the next six weeks.

I need to do something about my baby belly. I asked one of my friends about doing sit ups but she said "you have to lose the fat first" so I guess i'm not ready yet! Also in the last month or so a couple of people have commented on me being pregnant (i'm not) and that has made me feel really bad. One was at my grannie's funeral. A lady I haven't seen for years patted my belly and said "is this the next one, or is that just you". Then when I went and got my back fixed at the chiropractor's, he said to me "no charge for pregnant women". It's so devastating to hear, I just wanted to shrink into a corner and die, but ... that's the old me and the new me just laughed it off and i'm trying to tell myself that if people I don't know think that i'm pregnant then there's obviously a problem that I need to fix (ie my baby belly). So, if anyone has any suggestions, apart from what i'm already doing, I would love to hear them.

I figure it's not much use starting sit ups yet, as my girlfriend said "you have to get rid of the fat first" so i'll just keep at the losing weight thing for a while yet and hopefully the "muffin top" will shrink and then i'll start some serious sit ups and stuff. I have noticed that when i'm feeling skinnier my belly is flatter and when i'm bloated it's bigger so hopefully losing more weight will help.

Anyway, I better go and do some more housework before the baby wakes up.

Have a great weekend everyone.
lots of love,
Briony

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Hey Briony. Well done on the eating restraint. That is so cool. And cool too that the scales are starting to go the right way. I so hear you re the housework. I often think it would be nice to have a weekend with no housework but with 2 little ones and 1 big one that is never going to happen.

Re the stomach exercises. After speaking to a chiro and gym guy on that very matter both said it is better to start now. It doesn't matter that I have a lot of weight to lose and that I probably won't see the results of the work straight away, but by starting the crunches my underlying strength will build up, I will build up some lean muscle underneath, which will then burn more calories and as I lose the fat the results will then come through. So don't let anyone (other than a Dr for medical reasons) tell you that you should wait until you have lost the fat first. If you want to start off doing a few sit-ups every night - do it.

I hope you have a lovely day :)

michelle said...

Hi Briony it is good to read that your scales are going down. Stopping take aways and choc bisc at work will really help. Those bad girls influencing you like that!! That is awful when people ask if you are pregnant. I used to answer very abruptly with "no I'm just fat." I agree with M about the push ups. My trainer says they do help. Don't forget I will be sending you some workout DVDS soon so you can work out at home. I think they will be fun as well. Email me where to send them and I will do it next week. Have agood weekend and try to get some time to realax.