Tuesday, November 29, 2005

More sadness.....

Another day another dollar. Still tired. Have been for 2 walks today but I didn’t get on the treadmill this morning, I was too tired and I need the sleep more than the exercise at the moment, even though Michelle says the treadmill is missing me!! LOL.

My DH’s Nanna isn’t very well. She’s 96 and a half so she’s had a very long life. She will be unlikely to make it to Christmas and there’s talk of her not even making it to the end of this week. DH is making a flying visit to go and see her tonight (she is 2 hours away) and he’s tired too so I feel for him, but it has to be done.

Apparently she’s just sleeping all the time, not eating, doesn’t recognise anyone and she’s lost heaps of weight. It’s only a matter of time. It’s very sad, she didn’t want the end to be like this, she always said she wanted to go quickly.

She has dementia, which is good in a way because she doesn’t know that she’s like this. She’s on morphine and Panadol Forte so we don’t think she’s in any pain.

It’s been a hard month for DH – I hope it gets better for him soon.

Hey, on a brighter note, I think I finally got the link thing downpat! Let's hope it works now.

Edit: Just found out about ANOTHER friend of ours who died this morning. What is going on in the Universe right now?

Bri

4 comments:

philippa_moore said...

Oh Bri, it just seems to be one thing after another at the moment! How sad for you and your DH, especially so close to Christmas. I am thinking of you both xoxox

Kellee said...

Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend and your DH's Nanna. Wow - there's something in the water for you at the moment. I hope that this run stops soon. It always seems to be the way with these things - a few people die in a short space of time.

Thinking of you guys and sending you lots of positive vibes to get through this time.

BTW, how do you do the links thing?

michelle said...

oh no Bri, sometimes life is very unfair. Wish I could come see you and give you a big hug. I will tell Lachie to give you one for me. I know that the waiting is often the hardest part. This must b every difficultfor all of you. Loves ya babe.

Margaret said...

Bri. I hope your DH gets through this OK. Death is a very difficult thing to deal with, no matter how close or distant the friend or relative. I am sending all my hugs and love to you all.

Take care of yourself. You are doing so well Bri and should be so proud of how you have reacted to curve balls over the last few months. It has been inspiring xx