Monday, November 14, 2005

More ponderings .....

Eleven days to go on my personal Friday challenge. (and til my work Christmas weekend away). So far I’ve lost nearly 4 kilos since I started the challenge (10 weeks ago), which is an average loss of 400g per week. I’m stoked with that and I hope I can keep it up.

Now I can say – with all honesty and firm belief – that before I’m 40 next year, I will be at goal weight. I have not gone without in the last 10 weeks, I have just changed my attitude. I am not pressuring myself into big losses or stressing myself out by thinking that I’m not losing. I am taking the attitude that now that I have changed my lifestyle and a life time’s bad habits, the weight will definitely come off in the long term.

I can easily lose the next 12 kilos in less than 12 months – If I lose at the rate I have been averaging then I will be at goal by June next year and I would be very very happy with that. 18 months to lose 30 kilos (which took me more than 15 years to put on) is a great effort, and if it happens quicker then I’m happy with that too, but like I said, I’m not forcing myself and I’m not going to stress about it, I’m just going to take it one day at a time and hope for the best.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not letting myself off the hook and I’m not giving myself an excuse to eat anything I shouldn’t be eating. I think I’ve well proven over the last two or three months that my complete attitude to this has changed, and for the better. I’m just sick of stressing about it, stressing just makes me worse and when I stress the result is that I worry too much about everything and I end up binging (?? Sp bingeing!!) and I don’t want to do that anymore.

Here’s a great quote which I guess really has started me thinking (hence the long thought worthy posts I’ve been putting in here lately!!).

You can choose what you surrender to
but you cannot choose the consequences of that choice

How good is that?

Have a great day everyone,
Bri

2 comments:

michelle said...

All that introspection and such wise,wise words. You have come such a long way and you will not go back there. Very impressed with your change in attitude in recent months. It is in your hands and up to you and you are making wise choices.

Margaret said...

I have been thinking about your last post all day and now I find you have written another cracker. Thanks Bri for putting this all down because it is one thing to think it yourself, and entirely another when a different person writes it down. It is like validating my own thoughts and feelings.

To acknowledge that the time frame you are aiming at is just a small space compared to the time it took to put on the weight is just fantastic. It has helped me tonight - a lot. Thanks Bri xx

Hope you have another great butt whooping day tomorrow (been watching too much Robots LOL)