Monday, February 13, 2006

Walking and walking and walking



So, even though I didn't get on the treadmill this morning (wait, wait, before you all yell at me, hear me out). I went shopping for an hour and a half this morning. I walked PAST all the muffin shops, I walked PAST Kernels (popcorn!! yummo), I did have a skinny cappuccino, but hey a girl has to have some pleasures.

I also did my "normal" walks to the mail box, the bank and also the Kodak shop cos I had to organise DH's Valentine's present.

Then when I got home, DH, DS and I went for a walk to the supermarket (5 kms) and home again. We got bread, milk and DS's cheese sticks. My feet are absolutely killing me and here is my step count for today .... (drum roll please .....)

19,456

Go me. What a bloody legend. Surely, surely, surely some day soon the scales will have to reward me for all of my good work this past week.

In the last 7 days I have walked 73 kms and in the last 8 days I have walked 110,693 steps (averaging 13,837 per day). I am really really really happy with this and i'm hoping the scales will show me some kind of reward very very soon. Wish me luck! (my feet are absolutely killing me!! LOL).

Bri

9 comments:

Me said...

WOW - those numbers are amazing. I am sure that the scales will show what a good girl you have been.

Take care and be good !
Me

Leighanne said...

You are doing great!!
No wonder your feet are sore - mine are just reading...lol

Tina said...

WOW thats an awesome effort! You're putting me to shame!

michelle said...

You are doing great Bri. Who would have thought you could do that many steps a few months ago? I am very proud of you.

Mary said...

Way to go Bri! Walking is the best and it really is amazing how many steps you can rack up. I used to think that 10,000 steps before I started exercise was too hard and now it's like *pfft* nothing :-) Good luck with weigh in!

Kathryn said...

Well done... you'll have to buy some foot soak as a reward :D

Sue said...

*To the tune of a very obvious Abba song*
'You are the Walking Queen, long and lean, only..."
Bugger, ran out of rhymes!

abc said...

Go Briony! That is fantastic. You are right - the scales WILL reward you. That is so good. Hope you had a lovely Valentines Day!

Nancy Bou said...

Wow! That is a huge amount of walking! You are right ... the scales should start showing this effort soon.

Have a great week

xx