Friday, February 17, 2006

Friday again ...

Geez don't Friday's come around fast? I guess Mondays do too though. I got on the treadmill this morning, thought I had better cos if I keep leaving it then i'm scared I will have to struggle again. It was really hard. I'm still sick and I really didn't feel like doing it, but I had an early night last night and I was awake anyway.

It took me 45 mins to walk what I usually do in 30 so I obviously didn't push myself, but i'm telling you now, I was sweating so much when I had finished it wasn't funny.

Our office is moving at the end of next week. The new office (brand spanking new!!) is being finished this week and I went out and had a look at it yesterday. It's hard to imagine what it will look like when it's finished cos it's just a shell at the moment. There were men there with nail guns and it was very noisy!!

I also went to the daycare centre which is out there to see what I thought about moving DS there. It's a 5 minute walk from our new office. I think it will be much better for DS, even though I am sad to move him cos he's happy where he is, but after a couple of weeks I think he'll be okay. It will save me an hour a day in travelling time so that has to be a good thing. Also I won't have to rush out the office door at 5pm on the dot to pick him up and (most importantly) if something happens and I need to go and get him - he's only a minute away, whereas where he is now it would be at least 40 minutes by the time I got there. Plus if I move him we'll be more organised in the mornings cos I won't have to leave home until 8am - so we get an extra 30 minutes to get ready.

Anyway, i've booked him in, and he starts on the 6th of March. I'm kind of sad cos I think he'll be upset for a little while, but it will be better for all of us in the long run.

Anyway, best do some work I guess. I have to start packing in the office, as well as packing at home. Geez, i'll have Popeye arms soon! LMAO

Bri

4 comments:

Suzy said...

Sounds great to be getting a new office. Don't worry about little DS. He will soon be just as happy in his new daycare. It will be fun for him to have new toys and new people.

Mary said...

I don't have kids but my cats seem to adjust to situations like LOL :-) You just take it easy you hear until you're better. Maybe work should hire in some muscle men to do the packing/moving for you!

abc said...

Wow, you will be the packing queen of Australia before long! Some exciting things are happening your life. Its sure not boring to be you right now LOL I know what you mean about being sad to cause your child upset, but its sounds like a sensible decision. And good for you for sweating it out on the treadmill and going for 45 minutes! That is really excellent.

Leighanne said...

Ds will do fine - kids seem to adapt pretty well!! You have alot of packing to do, I don't envy you at all!