Sunday, February 12, 2006

Suspicious Minds

I can't wear my pedometer when i'm singing with the band. I was really unsure of how many steps to allocate for last night's 'performance'. I was on my feet for 8 hours. We left home at 5pm and got home after 1am - it's a bit of a dilemma and I was in two (Suspicious!!) minds about how many steps to allocate myself.

I ended up taking the lowest step/exercise conversion count, which I think was for lawn bowls or something (67 steps per minute) and calculating 4 hours worth of that (even though I was there for eight hours). That gave me 16,080 steps for the night, plus the 7137 I had already done during the day at home. Giving a grand total of 23,217 for the day.

I'm aching all over today, especially my feet (of course!!) and I feel like i've run a marathon. I kind of feel guilty for taking that many steps, but the only time I sat down for the whole 8 hours we were there was when I went to the loo!! The rest of the time I was walking around or dancing on the stage (well you know not DANCING a la showgirl type of stuff - but doing the left right shuffle and a few little steps back and forwards to the beat!!).

Needless to say, yesterday's step count has seen me thrash through the other competitors on the Walking with Attitude standing boards and i'm higher on the ladders than i've ever been before (yes screen shots were taken!!).

I have to go shopping today to buy a 21st present for one of the girls at work, so there will be more steps counted today. Crikey, if I keep this up I really might even lose some weight soon!

We're in for another hot day, so the air conditioned comfort of the shopping centre will be well appreciated.

Have a great day everyone!

Bri

8 comments:

Sue said...

You should be able to click and drag to get the pix down.

Sue said...

Two comments for you, seem you gave me two!

Leighanne said...

Looks like another great night - I waitressed a wedding last night, and that is 8 hours on my feet the whole time! I'd better get a loss this week too...lol

Kellee said...

Yeah, yeah, go you good thing! I reckon you will hit that 75 kg mark very soon. "Glory Glory Hallelujah" (sorry, only bad Elvis pun I could think of)!

You're doing very well. What a legend.

michelle said...

Bri, you looked beautiful.........

Kathryn said...

Wow, you look fantastic and what a great way to get your exercise in. Hope you are having a long foot soak today.

Lesley said...

Hi Bri

I think you probably short changed yourself with the steps. I'm like you and if I ever have to guess I always underestimate. Hate to think I might be cheating!!!! Hope all the effort last night and your early morning treadmill pays off for you. Have a great week.

Margaret said...

LMAO that you took screen shots. Damn never thought to do that. I think you were very conservative and deserve every one of those steps. You look sensational in that dress and I do agree that a pedometre would have ruined the whole look.

Well done Bri. You are doing so well and on your lack of sleep it deserves a medal. :D

Hope you have a great week.