Saturday, February 18, 2006

Hot


I swear someone has turned the sun up today, how hot is it. I thought we were over the worst of it, but no, not yet. I was going to curl my hair today (I have a girls thing on this afternoon) but I don't think i'll bother, it wouldn't stay in long in this heat!

A friend of mine is coming up from Sydney this afternoon and DH has given me a leave pass for tonight. Fair enough, I gave him one last night.

He said it was just a few drinks after work and he promised not to drink too much, he got home at 12.30am - tractor faced drunk. What is it with men that they have to write themselves off when they go out with the boys, is it a macho "let's drink as much as we can and all keep up with each other" thing? I just don't get it. Also didn't help that he didn't eat all day yesterday (only because he's a lazy arse - i'm sure if I was here and had made something for him he would have eaten it!!).

Enough complaining about him, or i'll be here all day, and you lot will all get bored and go away.

The scales were finally kind to me 77 kg neat this morning and that's the LAST time i'll see that number on the scales. Even though i'm going out drinking this afternoon i'll try and be a bit good and i'll make healthy eating choices (no Maccas or KFC or 3am kebabs!!), plus hopefully i'll be walking and dancing heaps so i'll work off what i'm going to drink anyway. I'm going to wear my pedometer and see how many steps I do, that's if I don't accidentally flush it down the loo or something! haha

I'm sure I won't be posting tomorrow as I will either be hungover, or i'll be taking my friend on a nice walk around the lake.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Bri

7 comments:

Kathryn said...

Have fun on your night out :D

michelle said...

Bri that is fantastic that your efforts were rewarded by the scales. Hope you are having a fantastic time with your girlfreind. Lots of hugs...

Mary said...

WOW considering you were sick too, well done on the loss! It's definitely too hot but here's hoping for a thunderstorm to cool things down sometime this weekend.

In regards to Bloglines, I reply the same way as you. I'm not sure there is any other way but to tell you the truth, I haven't even looked any further. I really like using Bloglines too. It sure cuts down the reading time!

I hope you have a fantastic evening with the girls! :-)

Nancy Bou said...

Have a great evening! Love the phrase 'tractor faced drunk' .. hehehe

xx

Margaret said...

Hope you aren't too hungover today and you didn't drop your pedometer. Would be very interested in seeing how many steps you have wracked up. I was very light on this weekend so can see myself slipping down the ladder LOL.

You are doing so well Bri and I don't get what it is with Blokes when they know they have to look after the little one. Just crazy!!!

abc said...

Yay! 77!! Go Bri!! 77 rocks! Can't wait til I'm there....just months and months for that *sigh* LOL

It was warm here too. But very nice.

Men, yeah.. . I got no answers. They do tend to need to get drunk..no half way point when they get together.

Tina said...

YAY for hitting 77!
Hope you had a wonderful night out!