Thursday, January 05, 2006

What a great day!!

One of my blog friends and I (you have to guess which one!!) are having a mini challenge to get under 75 kg – first one to 74.9 has to buy the other one a small gift – that way we’re both winners. We’re weighing in on Mondays and Thursdays. It has really motivated me to do better, it’s fantastic.

Every time I even think about food (like last night watching telly with all the ads for Wendys bloody icecreams) I would remember the mini challenge and tell myself “no”. I mean how hard is it to stop putting food in your mouth?

Actually it is hard, its all psychological isn’t it? The brain works in mysterious ways. I had been eating poorly for a couple of months, giving myself any excuse to pig out and since I’ve been eating well (4 days now) I feel so much better. I’m not as tired, I feel more alive, I’m not bloated and I’m certainly a lot less cranky (just ask DH!!).

DH is doing really well too, he’s dropped 2.5 kg since Monday – yay DH!! And even better than that neither of us have had any alcohol since Sunday (actually I haven’t had any since Saturday). My DH is a pretty big drinker – so it’s a great achievement for him.

He has been a bit ill, but I think it’s his body doing a bit of self-detoxing! LOL

Anyway, the scales were very kind to me this morning (77.2). That’s a loss of 1.1 since Monday morning. I hope I can keep it up. Have a great day everyone!

Thanks to all the new people who are dropping in, it’s lovely to have so many supportive people around!

Bri

8 comments:

Kathryn said...

Well done - it's good to have something to keep you honest :)

Mary said...

What a great idea. You are really starting this year with full guns firing, I like :-)

michelle said...

I know you can keep it up Bri...you are on the right track and recognise that this actually makes you feel better..... 74.9 coming up ...

Leighanne said...

A bit of competition never hurts!!
Good on you for eating fruit:)

Tina said...

Thats cool.....good luck to both of you...I know you can do it! YAY for your DH too!

Mary said...

Oh hon, I didn't realise you had a shitty time too. I've got heaps to catch up on. Well I reckon 2006 is definitely going to be better for us and you've already started the year off really well. Big {{HUGS}}.

Sue said...

Your mini-challenge certainly seems to be working well! I'll have to find myself something similar so I can get some good momentum going.

Kellee said...

Well, how about I meet you on the way up, and you can buy ME a present? I reckon I'll hit 75 soon if I'm not careful... scheesh. Good idea though.