Monday, January 02, 2006

A fresh start.

So I started back tracking and counting points today. I weighed myself (not good 78.3) and i'm going to start afresh.

Don't get me wrong, i'm proud of what I achieved last year. Losing 15 kilos is a great effort and i'm not going to forget about my achievements or ignore how far i've come ... but ... I am going to start from scratch and make today's weight my starting weight.

So, here's what i've done this morning. THROWN OUT ALL THE JUNK FOOD that was left in the house. This included such delicious delicacies as Maltesers, Chocolate covered Daryl Lea licorice logs, Daryl Lea Musk lollies, gingerbread, shortbread biscuits, Chilli crab pate, Chilli cashew dip, Thai dip, Camembert cheese, Salted mixed nuts and salted peanuts, Caramel ice cream, a big bag of Curly fries, and heaps of other stuff. Most of the packets were unopened and i'm still feeling a bit guilty, BUT I have to put myself first and I know if I had this stuff in the house I wouldn't be able to resist and eventually I would cave in and eat the damn stuff.

So, clean slate, clean cupboards, clean fridge. But now I have to go shopping to buy all the good stuff to start on WW week one (Points system) otherwise all i'll be having is water, cos that's all we've got right now! haha

I'm just going to wait until DS has his sleep and then we're off. Thank goodness it's heaps cooler today and quite bearable, yesterday's heat was ridiculous and I never want it to be that hot again (unless i'm at work and DS is at daycare where we both have air conditioning!!!).

I can't believe I have to go back to work tomorrow, this weekend just went so fast. At least we'll be able to get back into normal routine.

We have a huge band practice tonight as we have a show in 2 weeks, we're going through all of the sets from start to finish, so I guess I better go and listen to some of the music to remind myself of what I should be singing.

Have a great day everyone.

Bri

8 comments:

michelle said...

Ok Bri...I am joining you today. Haven't thrown anyfood out, think I ate it all yesterday!!
Lets get into this and get on with the job. You can do it and I will be there helping you along the way. Have a great day and fun at band practice.

Tina said...

YAY for you for starting again!! You can do it! And thank goodness it has cooled down - yesterday was a shocker! Have fun at band practise!

Jadey said...

Good Luck Bri!!!
I can't believe I found myself drooling at all the stuff you had thrown out though! :P

We have started a 12 week challenge over at www.livinginthesuburbs.com if you'd like to join us

Kathryn said...

Did you cry throwing all that out? I would have. I have this thing about "wasting" food even though it's really more of a waste if you eat it.

Well done on being so strong. Lucky I live so far away or I'd be tempted to scab though your bin :)

laura said...

hey bri, since u first posted on my blog, i have only been able to ever see ur profile...i finally found the blog...wow, how liberating throwing all that food away...u r on the right track for a healthy and happy year...keep being strong 2006 is our year x

Leighanne said...

I don't think I could be strong enough to throw that food out!!Good luck for the new fresh start to the year! I am doing the same!
It was a lot cooler here today - I hate the heat too:)

Catherine said...

Well done for throwing out the food - unfortunately I consumed most of our gourmet food between Xmas & New Year! I've enjoyed reading your blog for a couple of months and joined the world of blogging myself today.

Sue said...

I have to go back to work this week too - complete bummer!