Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I got Tagged

I got tagged by Kathrynoh – so here are my answers:

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?

Oh wow, ten years ago I was living in London. I had only just arrived and was staying with my mother and her partner who were living over there at the time. It was the start of a fantastic two years for me. My best friend from Australia came over at the end of January and we worked and drank (and other stuff) our way around Europe for the next two years! ha ha ha

2. What were you doing a year ago?

One year ago, I was working from home doing typing for the company that I’m office manager for now. The baby was only 6 months old and I’d just started on my weight loss journey. I weighed 93 kilos and I never went outside unless it was absolutely essential because I was embarrassed to be seen weighing that much. I had just stopped breastfeeding as it wasn’t working and the baby and I were just getting stressed all the time (which made me eat more).

3. Five snacks I enjoy: Crikey I can only pick 5 ??

-Cheese and biscuits
-Chips
-If I say fruit no-one will believe me but I am actually enjoying some fruit at the moment.
-Snakatas
-Cottage cheese and hot salsa mixed together and served on rice crackers.

4. Five songs to which I know all the lyrics:


-Perfect – Fairground Attraction
-Summertime – From Porgy and Bess (this is the song I always sing when I’m drunk)
-Since I’m in an Elvis tribute band I’ll just say “anything by Elvis” which is more than we can say for Elvis!!
-Khe Sahn (comes from living overseas for 2 years!!)
-Eternal Flame – The Bangles (I sang it at a friend’s wedding once and did the worst job ever – never ever been able to forgive myself. Needless to say – I don’t sing at weddings anymore).

5. Five things I would do if I were a millionaire:

-Boob job (smaller, not bigger)
-Travel
-Buy a nice house
-Buy a new bed – one of those really comfortable and expensive ones
-Renew our wedding vows with a gorgeous (small) dress and a huge party for all of our friends.

6. Five Bad Habits


-Up until New Years I would say smoking – but I’ve given up now
-Swearing (really really effing bad at this)
-Blogging when I should be working
-Blogging when I should be spending time with DH and DS
-Leaving hair in the shower drain – and everyone knows its mine now cos I’m the only one with bright red hair in the family!!

7. Five Things I Enjoy Doing
-Blogging
-Singing
-Spending time with DS
-Drinking
-Eating

8. 5 Things I Would Never Wear (or buy or get)

-A mini skirt
-Ugg boots
-Both of the above at once, especially if (2) were pink!!
-White sunglasses
-Denim and Denim together (ie jacket and jeans) even if they were made from the same roll of denim. Uh uh – BIG no no.

9. Five favourite toys: hmm, could get myself into trouble here – I’ll keep it clean though.

-Playstation
-Heated rollers (can they be considered a toy?)
-Glitter pens
-Scene it (DVD movie trivia game)
-Cards

This part I'm also not sure I get. but I'll follow Kathrynoh’s lead. (although I don’t see your name or blog name there Kathrynoh???)
Remove the top person from the list. Bump everyone up a spot, and put yourself at the bottom.

So its come down to this

ukraine adventure

145

Reflected Thoughts

Bri

and now to tag a few people:

Michelle

Flutter

Kellee

Emily

Jodie (Sydney)

Sorry if you've been tagged already. If you don't want to participate, that's ok, but if I didn't tag you and you want to tag yourself go ahead!! LMAO.

Bri

6 comments:

abc said...

Love your effing blog Bri LOL. Seriously it is great. Oh boy cqn I relate to wanting someone to say “geez – you’ve lost a lot of weight and you’re looking fantastic”!! I wonder if you have a temper to match that hair...
Good luck with the house! How Exciting!!

Mary said...

Heh, thanks for sharing :-) I'm the "hair in the drain" culprit too. My partner is bald so I can't get away with it either.

Margaret said...

*puts hand up for the hair in the drain*

Just got the plumber in too because we couldn't understand why the shower flooded. Ooops :D

michelle said...

So now I am really in trouble. Not only can't I wear my ballgown but now I can't wear my matching jeans and jacket. geez Bri....what will I wear on Friday???? 39 HOURS TO GO

Sue said...

I'm with you on all the fashion no-nos, but hair is too short to block the drain.

Kathryn said...

Your London adventures sound fun :)

I love glitter pens too. Well all stationary. I just can't be trusted in Officeworks because I buy too much.