Thursday, January 12, 2006

Drudgery

This week is going so slowly. Looked at "the" house again this morning. I just love it but now DH is pointing out things that aren't how he would like them. They're easy things to fix though. Like the bathroom having no shelves. Paint chipped off all the corners (they have three kids!!).

Ho hum the drudgery of it all. I just want to find something that we can be happy living in and buy it and get it over with. It's a buyers market right now so we should just jump - it's hard though. DH wants perfection - I just want somewhere to live. We'll keep looking for now.

We're looking at another one tomorrow afternoon - it's just around the corner from where we live now but has a very small backyard.

I just want this to be over ...... i'm so impatient.

Weight this morning was the same as Monday 76.4 - probably because of TTOTM because I haven't changed my eating. Still tracking, still drinking water, still counting points and not eating ANY bad stuff.

My walking challenge yesterday of 7,000 steps was whooped cos I ended up doing over 8,000 so i'm getting better. Will head for 9,000 today and see how I go.

We have band practice tonight so i'll probably rack up some steps doing the "left-right-shuffle" haha.

Have a great day everyone.

Bri

7 comments:

Sue said...

When we house-hunt I'm just like you - 'I want a house and I want it NOW!'

michelle said...

I hoep for your sake you find a house soon. It is a drag but will be sooo worth it. Have fun at band practise tonight and hope your ankle is ok with all that standing.

Me said...

Well done on all the steps you are getting in - your ankle must be improving very nicely to be able to do that amount.
I hope you find a house soon - I know what it is a like because I am also impatient about things !!
Take care - Me

Tina said...

Have fun at band practise tonight!

Jadey said...

Aww - hopefully the whole reason your hubby is being difficult is because the house really isn't for you after all - Wheat I mean to say (geez this is hard in writing)is the perfect place may be about to go on the market and you would have missed out if you had bought this one now - know what I mean???

Anyway - whatever it may be - wherever it may be - I hope it pops up it's little head really soon for you

Kathryn said...

Just buy the place! I've bought 2 house and they were both impulse buys. you can think about these things too much.

My friend had the same problem with her partner and she came home one day and threw a huge hissyfit and said she wanted a house asap and so they bought one the next weekend. Maybe that will work for you?

laura said...

my mans the same...o not ready to buy yet, but bring up the idea and he has a comitment phobia 'i dont wanna be stuck with a homeloan...what if i dont like the place...what if i want to move' good luck with it...weight wise...no loss, eh, no gain...less weight to loose :P