Sunday, March 12, 2006

It is so exciting picking colours to paint inside the new house. There are so many choices though. I wish I was a bit better at the whole interior decorating thing. Some people just have a knack for it don't they?

I think i've chosen well, but of course i'll have to run it all past DH.
I got the keys to the house yesterday so that we could get in today to measure up for the painting etc. I was supposed to take them back this afternoon by 4pm (oops its 4.03pm!!) hehe - but I rang and asked if I could drop them off first thing tomorrow morning (i'm not going back to work yet as our new office is still being fitted out). So that means another couple of days of "leisure" (?? yeah right) for me - I can get some more packing done and maybe start on weeding the jungle that is our front garden. Plus the house needs some serious tidying and cleaning.
I love the colours i've chosen for the house and I just hope that DH will agree to my choices. The house isn't very old so it doesn't need anything major doing. The painting etc will take about a week he said, so we'll hopefully get all of that finished before we move in. Just have to organise it with the owner.

Settlement is 27 March and i'm hoping that my Dad will come down the week before to paint and then the smell will be gone by the time we move in on 2nd April. Geez that's not far away is it. Perhaps I should go and do some more packing now.
When we were up at the house today we noticed a lot of bees inside - heaps and heaps of them. They must have built a hive inside the cavity wall and so we'll have to get the real estate to deal with that before we move in. There were live bees but also dead bees everywhere, not sure why they died? Maybe lack of water or food I guess. I hope we don't have to deal with it cos i'm not very good with insects and stuff and I don't particularly feel like being attacked by bees ("or dogs, or dogs with bees in their mouths" - Homer Simpson!!).
My eating has been okay this weekend, but I haven't done any exercise. I will start on the treadmill again tomorrow and maybe do the walk up to the supermarket in the afternoon if its not too hot. It was really hot here today, I was sweating all day just pottering around the house. Bring on winter I say!!
DS just woke up so that will be it for today, hope everyone is having a great day.
Bri


4 comments:

michelle said...

Bri having seen the house I can't wait to find out the colours you chose. Keep packing and enjoy the exciting times ahead.

Me said...

Was so sorry to read your previous post where you said you didn't have a good time away BUT having said taht, I know how stressful family situations can be and I totally sympathise with you !!!!
Can't wait to see some pics of your new home - before and after the painting please !!!!! Good luck with choosing the colours - I love doing that and can't wait for a few other projects to be finished so I can get started on our bedroom again !!! I'm bored with the colours we have.
Have a great week and take care !
Me

abc said...

I'm sure the colours you chose are lovely. Its all coming together isn't it?! Bummer about the bees, weird place for them too. I hope the Real estate people do deal with that - I'm sure they will. Hey good timing with the office move and house purchase LOL that worked out ok! Have a great day!

Mary said...

Picking colours sounds like heaps of fun! :-) I look forward to the day that I own my own house too. What's with the bees?