Thursday, March 02, 2006

Bad to worse

OK so the Birthday Gods are conspiring against me. First of all I forgot to get DH a card, then I forgot to even say Happy Birthday. When I got home he said he wanted to go to the tavern for dinner. DS was chucking a terrible two's tantrum when DH was ringing to book a table and they basically fobbed him off and said they didn't have a table except for outside (ah, no thanks, not with a baby!!). Then we went to Lone Star, which is where we were planning on going anyway and they said it would be a 40 minute wait.
Now DH has gone to get pizza (I didn't want to say no and upset him again) and DS is having a happy mcnugget meal.

What a horrid day, I hope that's all the bad stuff for today over with now.

On a good note when I drove past our new house this afternoon the for sale sign is up. Will have to take a photo and post it tomorrow, too dark now!!

Hope everyone is having a better day than me! and my poor DH.

Edit: When DH got home with the pizza he looked pretty happy with himself. I was glad that something had turned out okay for him. He put the pizza down and said it was one "with the lot" a kind of supreme version (he bought it at one of the local pubs who do specialty pizzas - a lot nicer than the chain ones and also a lot dearer but hey, it's his birthday right).

So we began to open the box, all the while i'm thinking - eeeooow it smells suspiciously like a seafood pizza, but i'm not saying anything cos I don't want to upset DH - he loves seafood pizza, I used to be the biggest seafood fan in the universe, but ever since I was pregnant, if I even smell seafood I want to barf my guts up.

At this stage I was feeling quite ill already from the smell and felt that I needed to say to DH "geez it smells like seafood" to which he replied "yeah, I thought that too" (of course he didn't CHECK before he brought it home, maybe he meant he could smell it when he got it in the car!!) - YES FOLKS - you guessed it, seafood pizza is what was in the box. I sat in the kitchen and ate a breadroll and a chocolate frog while he ate the monstrosity that was supposed to be our dinner.

I'm glad yesterday is over, cos today is a new day, and today is going to be great.

Bri

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Hey at least by not buying a card, you have one less thing to pack. Hope the pizza made up for the disappointments.

Mary said...

Oh shit Bri, what a day. At least we all know by now that "tomorrow is a new day" :-) I'm sure you guys will make up for it by having a great weekend!

Suzy said...

Oh, how horrible!
Hope things get better!

michelle said...

Hey think of the saved calories with that pizza!!!!!!!!!!!!