Monday, December 26, 2005

So glad it's over

I'm so glad that Christmas is over. I feel like i've eaten enough to fill a house or a small country and I feel like Monsieur Creosote from Monty Python's The Meaning of Life. (see picture on the left!!). I'm so over eating crap. We have to go back to my brother's house for tea tonight, but we're having steak and salad.

I'm also over this hot weather. We don't have air conditioning here and the house isn't even insulated. I can't wait until we can buy our own place and have a nice cool house like everyone else on the planet seems to have. I don't cope well in the heat. Although I must say, i've coped better this year with being 18 kilos lighter. Last year was a horrid struggle for me.

DH and DS are both asleep and I would love to have a sleep, but if I do that i'll probably miss dinner down the road and they would be upset with us. We have to go back up there in about half an hour anyway.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I scored pretty well. Mostly money (to help with our measly house deposit) and my mother bought me some YSL lip gloss and a YSL eye pack with mascara, concealer, makeup remover and an eye pencil. She also bought me a really nice pair of earrings.

DS scored brilliantly and we now have to make room for all of his toys. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. He got heaps of stuff from everyone (of course) a new table and chairs, a single chair that's shaped like an egg and has a little blind on the front of it (sounds strange but it's very cute) a basket ball hoop and a huge aircraft carrier with little men and a helicopter thingy. There's just no room in there right now, I think i'll have to take the tree down tomorrow so we can fit everything in.

For our wedding anniversary (we don't 'do' Christmas) I bought DH two tickets to see Billy Connolly next February, they're front row on the side at the Entertainment centre. I can't wait. The shows are all sold out and the tickets are selling on ebay for $600 for two! Man I could make a motza. No way are we selling them though, if this is Billy's last tour we want to go and see him, I reckon he'll be hilarious!

Anyway I better go and pack the bags for taking with us tonight and try and wake the boys up.

Talk to you all soon,
Bri

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Sounds like you had a great day. Bummer that you don't have air con - I'm sure it must be good for your metabolism though, your body having to work hard to keep you cool :)

I'd love to see a pic of the chair with the blind on it. Sounds like a great little hidey-hole.