Thursday, December 29, 2005

Confession time

Well, I bit the bullet and got on the scales this morning. It's not good. 77.9kg. That means i've put on 2.7 in 6 weeks. I know a lot of it will probably be fluid and I will be able to drop most of it, or at least half if I - STRIKE THAT - WHEN I do WW week one next week. I have my shopping list ready and I may even leave work at bit early this afternoon and go to the supermarket.

I feel really fat and disgusting. I can't believe I could feel this bad from only putting on a bit less than 3 kilos, I don't remember feeling this bad when I was 15 kilos heavier, actually I do but you know what I mean!!!!!

I have drawn up a table at home and put it on the cupboard. I'm not sure what I want my goal weight to be, right now my next goal will be getting to 73 kilos, which is 20 kilos lost. That's now 5 kilos away, not that long ago it was just TWO kilos away. I'm not going to be angry with myself though and i'm trying to turn this into a positive.

I would like to be somewhere between 63 and 58 kilos when I get to goal, so the chart i've drawn up goes in 0.5 kilo lots ahead for every week. Starting next week (I put my weight down as 79 kilos so i'm doing better than I thought already) and losing 0.5 per week I will be at 58 kilos for my 40th birthday.

It seems so long away.....

I'm still not pressuring myself to be that weight though, i'll see how I go when I get to each milestone. So my milestones are as follows:
  • under 75 kilos - I haven't been under 75 kilos since I went overseas 10 years ago and I seem to have an imaginary wall at this level - 3 kilos to go
  • under 73 kilos - 20 kilos gone - 5 kilos to go
  • to be a 60's girl - I can't even imagine how good this will feel!! - 8 kilos to go
  • 65 kilos - 12 kilos to go
  • 63 kilos - 30 kilos gone and see how i'm feeling at this weight - 15 kilos to go

I know that with your help, I can do this. Losing weight is the hardest thing i've ever had to do in my life and I know the next few months won't be easy. I have to fight with the emotional eating demons and also the lazy demons, so i'm going to need all the help I can get.

Stick around guys, this is going to be one hell of a roller coaster ride!

Thanks for your support everyone.

Bri

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

Good luck with your plans. I write mine up with a white board marker on the fridge :) it's good to have things written up where you can see them.

The important thing is to keep going - ha, it's so much easier to say that to someone else than to believe it myself :)

Kellee said...

Hey hey. Sorry I haven't been around much recently - I will try and be a better friend from now on now that Christmas is over! Your plans are a great idea. I'm glad to hear that kathrynoh writes on her fridge in whiteboard pen too - I did that when I was losing and it really helped. I wrote all my weekly goals, how much I had lost/gained that week, how much I had lost in total, etc. And I put a fab quote on there by Nelson Mandela which inspired me too. Half a kilo a week is a great goal.

Good luck looking for a house too! That's very exciting. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

Will try and write to you soon (I STILL haven't had a chance to update my blog). Hope you're well, and love to you and Lachie.

Tina said...

Good luck with your plans Bri...you can do it!! .5 a week is achievable and I'll be right there beside you on this rollercoaster ride!!

Leighanne said...

Good luck with your plans, I have also written out what I want to achive this year - I love the white board idea!!
We WILL be at goal by our birthday!!
Good luck with the house hunting:)

Jadey said...

Don't feel fat and disgusting hun - You are on the path to happiness and health. It is normal to put on some weight around this time of year and in 6 weeks that gain is nothing!! I am sure you have enjoyed the silly season and now you have your goals set you will make them in the new year.

PS I thought I read a 27kilo gain on your blog instead of 2.7 so see 2.7 aint bad at all is it LOL