Saturday, December 31, 2005

2005 comes to an end.




Well another year is nearly over. Time to make some New Year's Resolutions I guess ...They will probably be the same as last year: To lose weight, To be a good mother, To exercise more .... I guess most people would have the same. I also want to give up smoking (again) with all the stress of the last few months i've taken it back up with a vengeance. I was just having a couple when I was drinking but that has now escalated to every day (not the drinking, just the smoking!!) and I know it's not good for me but drinking and smoking just seem to go hand in hand with me, i'm so hopeless!! LOL
This year has been a good one for me. I have the best job i've ever had, I have a company car and a company mobile. I have great girls working for me who I consider not only work mates but my very good friends. I have met some absolutely fantastic people through Ozgeek and blogging that I consider to be my very close friends, even though I have never met any of you in real life. DH and I have been getting on a lot better and we're coping a lot better with the routine of "normal family life".
DH has a management position now and he is really enjoying it, he is very happy where he is and things are getting better every week.
We're also looking to the future in that we've starting looking at houses to buy. We've only looked at one so far but it's a start.
The band has three gigs booked for Jan/Feb already so that's looking up. I really love my singing and DH is SUCH a fantastic keyboard player it would be sad for us to give up the band and waste all that talent.
DS is growing up to be a gorgeous boy. He is very well behaved and fits in with all that is going on in our lives so well. He is not one of those annoying clingy children, which is great. He loves going to daycare and i'm getting used to him not needing me so much.
So, all in all it's been a pretty good year and i've achieved most of my goals for the year.
Looking back at photos of myself from this time last year I can see a vast improvement in my health, I feel fitter even though I haven't really gotten fully into the exercise thing, I have lost 15 kilos and my body thanks me for that.
My goals for this year are easily achievable now that I know what to do. I am going to make it my priority to look after myself this year and get to goal weight.
Happy New Year everyone. I wish you health, wealth and happiness for the coming year and look forward to sharing your journies over the coming months and years ahead.
A big congratulations to Kellee and both Jodies for their pregnancies. I hope you all have gorgeous healthy babies and I look forward to hearing all about them.
And last but not least, a big thank you to my own personal support team, Michelle, Kellee, and Kim.

Without your support through all of this there's no way I would be where I am now.

So "here's cheers" for a fantastic skinny 2006 for all of us!

Happy New Year everyone
lots of love
Bri

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

Woohoo - what a great year. Here's hoping 2006 is even better.

I didn't know you had a band. I'd love to be able to sing. Well to be able to sing without having bottles thrown at me.

Mary said...

A huge HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too Bri. What a year hey!! I look forward to catching up with you in the New Year too :-) Cheers!

Tina said...

Happy New Year to you Bri. Thanks for your support and I look forward to keeping in touch and getting skinny with you in the new year!!!!

Jadey said...

A Huge Happy New Year to you and the Family Bri!

michelle said...

Oh Bri I just read this post and I cried. Not because of what you wrote about your support team (which I agree iwth you ) but because of how you described the great improvements in your life in 2005. 2006 will be even better for you...Go girl...you definitely have your act together.

Kellee said...

Yeah yeah yeah - goooooooo Bri! (Said very loudly and rhythmically while dancing around with a pom pom in each hand). We are very proud of you, and you should be too. I know there's no going back to the "old" Bri. Onwards and downwards from here, dude!