Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I'm back

Hi everyone, i'm back. It's going to take me about a week to catch up on everyone's blogs. I've read a couple but seriously - you people have done some serious blogging while i've been away.

The funerals weren't very nice and i'm glad they're over. Three funerals in just under 3 weeks is just ridiculous and i'm hoping that's it now for a while. Fingers crossed.

I'm very tired. My back is stuffed (had to sleep on the lounge or a single very slim mattress on the floor) and my house is a pigsty. The temperature today must be about 43 degrees, i'm roasting hot and we don't have air conditioning here. Actually there's not even much of a breeze.
I have unpacked the car but that's about it, it's too hot to do anything else.

Back to work tomorrow and i'm already looking forward to the weekend, although I have SO much to do this weekend it's not funny. At least I have air cond at the office so i'll be better off there anyway.

I haven't weighed myself for about a week, i'm sure i've stacked on about 10 kilos, at least that is what it feels like today - probably due to the heat. I'll wait til Friday to see how much damage i've done. Luckily I was able to cook most of the meals when we were away so we had fairly healthy options.

MIL and BIL have been eating takeaway for 6 weeks - I only know this because I had to wash the pots and pans before cooking as she told me she hadn't used them yet. They moved in mid October - Geez - they wonder why they're stacking the weight on! I tried to keep my mouth shut but on a couple of occasions I just couldn't help myself and had to say something to her.
It's just plain old laziness and any excuse will do! I know the signs, I have that disease too!

Anyway, enough bitching.

I hope everyone is ok and coping with whatever is being thrown your way, it's hard sometimes, and it was even harder because I didn't have my blogging friends to cheer me up. MIL has dial-up internet - crikey I forgot how bloody slow it is, thank goodness for broadband! I tried to look at a couple of blogs but it would take 5 minutes to get to the comments section so I gave up.

I also had to print 150 service booklets for the funeral and MIL's printer was doing ONE page every FIVE minutes! You can imagine how much time I spent cursing the bloody thing.
I SO wished I was at home with my beautiful computer and printer and BROADBAND! haha I was even tempted to drive home (2 hours) print them and then drive back (another 2 hours) but I didn't.

I read a bible passage at Nanna's funeral. I'm not religious by any means (a whole other story) and don't believe in all that crap, but Nanna would have liked it and I kept it together and got through it without fumbling, crying or stuffing up. I felt very good after I had finished but i'm pretty sure it doesn't burn as many calories as getting on the treadmill! haha

Anyway, DS is asleep and I had best take advantage and go and put some washing on. Talk to you all soon,
Bri

4 comments:

Leighanne said...

Welcome back!!
It is nice that you read a passage for Nan, I am not religous either...but at a funeral it seems like the right time:)

Hope you have a better week:)

michelle said...

SO glad you are back and you have got through it all. Missed you babe.

Margaret said...

Ah - blogger disappeared my comment - but briefly "welcome back" :)

philippa_moore said...

So pleased to hear from you again, and you should be very proud that you got through it all as well as you did. I sincerely hope that you don't attend another funeral for a very long time.

I hope the scales are kind to you tomorrow, but don't get too down if they aren't. At least you aren't eating takeaway every night and actually use your pots and pans unlike the people you mentioned!

Thinking of you, take care xoxoxo