Monday, December 19, 2005

How many sleeps now? SIX

I was reading a column in the Readers Digest today – it’s called Seven Myths About Fitness. It’s quite interesting. I won’t quote the whole thing but the last one was “Men Can’t Get Cellulite” – here’s what it says:

True – because there’s no such thing. “Cellulite is just ordinary body fat plus gravity” says Catherine Geissler, professor of human nutrition at King’s College London. “It’s just more obvious in women because they carry extra fat in areas where the skin sags”.

Did anyone else know this? I’m a bit shocked actually. Happy shocked though cos maybe that means once I lose the flab off the legs I won’t look so ‘hail damaged’. LOL.

I’m excited about Christmas but I have to tell you that I can’t wait until it’s over. My eating has gone way downhill since the funerals (and the weddings and the parties and the barbeques etc etc etc) and I have let myself eat a lot more than I really need to, plus I’m not walking.

I am not going to worry too much about it as I know that from 1st January I’m back on track and DH has said that he is going to get off the beer and do WW with me so that makes me feel better. We’re both going to be walking every morning (no more excuses) and so I know that once we can get back into routine we’ll be okay. I’m just going to relax and enjoy Christmas and worry about my eating/fitness once all the stupidity is over.

We’re going to start at WW week one and go through all the books I have from last year, following the old points system, and just see how far we get. (Watch this space!!).

I'm a bit in awe of you girls who can keep up with the WW at this time of year and go to parties and still lose weight. Maybe i'm just not motivated enough right now.

I want to be at goal for my birthday (it’s a big one next year). Actually I want to be at goal well before that, but I’m not going to push myself too hard or I’ll give up. So right now I have somewhere between 13 and 18 kilos to lose (26 to 36 weeks if I lost 0.5 a week). I’ll see how I go with the "number" once I get closer. In the meantime I’m going to make mini goals. My next one is 73 kilos so I have 3 kilos to go. Once I get to a mini-goal I will be rewarding myself with small items (CDs or maybe a DVD?) and then I will plan the next goal. The one after this will be to get under 70kg, right now I’d be happy to be under 75 cos I seem to be struggling to get past that one (although I know why it’s not happening right now!! Hehe).

I’ve started planning my 40th birthday party already – it’s going to be on Saturday 21st October (the day before my actual birthday). I’ve booked the band and the venue and I’m seriously considering sending out the invitations soon so that no-one misses out. Although there’s always some people who can’t make it I guess. Do you think I’m mad? What do you mean you knew well before today! LMAO.

Anyhoo, I had best go and continue on with my work, hope everyone is well and looking forward to spending some time relaxing over Christmas. Those of us who are still here anyway!

Check you later!
Bri

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

The only way I can still lose weigh over Christmas is because I'm not working so don't have any Christmas functions to go to - but have a few things on this week so things might change - lol.

Your plan for next year sounds great - better to indulge and enjoy yourself over Christmas than half heartedly try to keep on track and feel guilty over it all.

Kellee said...

40 - you old fart. I won't remind you that I'm 16 years younger than you... oops, I just did. Sorry. Didn't mean to do that. He he he.

Only joking. You're only as old as you feel, and I bet that you're feeling younger and younger every weigh in.

Yay for DH doing WW too! That will really help. My only advice (you know how I love giving it!) would be to not go too hard straight away. Try and think of a basic amount of exercise that you can both do without stressing out too much and stick to that. You can always do more down the track, but if you're like me you'll give up if you go too hard too soon. Very cool that you can do it together though.