Sunday, April 30, 2006

Bra shopping



I've been talking about buying new bras for ages. I kept saying i'll wait until i've lost another few kilos, but my old ones (which i've had for about 5 or 6 years) were starting to show the wear and tear of a very hard life. A couple of them have ripped in the back where you undo the hook and eye thingies and it was all very sad. I bit the bullet and went bra shopping yesterday.

I can't shop in the "normal" stores like Target or Kmart for bras, they just don't stock my size. So I knew I was up for a couple of hundred dollars, comfort comes at a high price for girls like me.

When I was younger I was always a 10DD (and proud of it). My maternity bras were 16Fs and my 'stock' bras that I have just replaced were 14E's! Crikey, hard to admit, but there you have it.

I was actually a wee bit worried that I would need to get 16's, which would have been depressing, but I thought "what the hey" as long as they're comfortable it doesn't matter and I can replace them with a smaller size in about 6 months or so when i've lost my next 10 kilos (or hopefully more).

So do you want the good news ... or the bad news ... ?????

12 G

Holy crap, that shouldn't be possible.

First of all "G"??? What the hell? Why can't I just be a nice D cup like normal people? All you girls out there who are small busted please take note, it's expensive and painful to have big bazzoombas. The lady in the shop assures me that when i've lost more weight, my boobs will stay the same. Very depressing. End of story.

Secondly "size 12"!! yay me - I was gobsmacked. Once I got over the G thing of course. The lady in the shop, who was lovely, gave me a 12 H to try on (she said it was a small fitting) HAH - small - I don't bloody think so - it was a H !!!

I told her to take it away.

So I left feeling happy and depressed all at once. Have you ever felt like that? Two very separate and very different emotions, but all at one time.

Now I have to go and plan our meals for the week. We're still deciding whether we're going to attempt the Optifast thing for a few days this week as a kickstart. I would love to, but I don't think I have the willpower, we'll see how we go, i'll keep you posted.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Bri

10 comments:

Suzy said...

Yay for the size 12's Bri!
I find bra shopping at Target is so depressing. They seem much smaller in size than other shops. None of them ever fit me.
Have a happy week.

Jadey said...

Don't you just live new bra's though? I'm a 16DD (or I was and I'm not anymore) And I thought bra's for me was hard enough! You poor thing. The only thing I wanted to keep was my boobs and they are shrinking. We never get what we want in life huh. If you got straight hair you want curly etc etc.

Mel. said...

Congratulations on a size 12. I'm one of the lucky ones and can buy bra's from target. As a size 16D I don't get a lot of variety but I'm glad I can still stop there.

Hope you have a great week.

Margaret said...

OMG. And I thought I had the right to complain. No more. Actually I still will and we'll just let it pass :D

Good on you for being a 12 Bri, that is fantastic. And are you sure that you boobs don't go down as you lose weight? I am sure they do, they are jsut one of the last things to go. I am ever hopeful that I will drop a cup size by the end. Oh bliss that would be LOL.

Hope you have a great day :D

Tina said...

Congrats on the size 12 bra hun...terrific news! I'm 16DD at the mo but I'm sure that if I went to a specialty bra shop they'd tell me I'm a bigger size cup....but spending a couple hundred $$ on bras isn't possible at the mo...
Good luck if you decide to go to WW again. I'm thinking that as I get closer to my goal, I will rejoin so I can do their maintenance program. Have a terrific week, hun!

Jules said...

Loving it! I thought my E for enormous was huge but you have outdone me with a G for Ginormous!!! Do you get a sore back, neck?? I do. I so wish I could shimmy on into shops and pick up dainty little sexy bras instead of bowling ball holders with no sexiness within 20 miles.

Mary said...

I totally understand feeling happy and depressed at the same time! Well done on being a size 12, that's great. A G cup? I never went past a B cup so that is way out of my depth but it sounds impressive. I am sure you will lose weight off your boobs too as you lose more weight. See how you go. Have a great week! :-)

abc said...

Bri, your bazoonkas will love for their new bra! Huge Congratulations for being a size 12, that is soooOOOoooo nice ! Yay for You! I only have little bazoonkas, but I'm happy with them. I have trouble finding comfortable ones...I am usually 18 c or 20c and there are'nt many that fit. At 18 and 20 they are all D cups and upwards.Maybe I'll just use masking tape! LOL I actually need a sports bra because my little bazoonkas go berserkas when I jog and I go around the streets holding them up as I jog! Seriously!

michelle said...

Hi sweetie. I think if you have a freind to go to WW with then that is a great idea to help re-motivate you. Wish I could come with you but guess the travel costs would be a bit high??

Kellee said...

Wow! Size 12! You must feel pretty proud of yourself, young lady! Bet DH is pretty proud of it being a G cup too! He he he.