Saturday, April 29, 2006

Back to basic basics

I'm thinking about going back to WW. I've heard so many good stories about the No Count plan and I think I want to try it for myself. A friend who also used to go to WW is also thinking about going back. She has one of those free registration 'for you and a friend' vouchers. We have to decide before the end of May. I think it would be good for us. We weigh about the same so it would be a good competition against each other as well as on the scales. I'm just finding it so hard to get motivated.

My eating has been great for the last two weeks, but my weight has come down and gone back up (could have something to do with TTOTM) so i'm at the same place I was 2 weeks ago (12 months ago too). I think I need a kickstart and I was thinking about Optifast, but its so harsh and I usually end up giving up before i've even completed one day.

I'm also struggling to find time to exercise at the moment. DS is waking up at all hours of the night and then it takes me ages to get back to sleep so i'm tired all the time. Work is still really busy and there's no end in sight there. I'm going to take my joggers to work next week and go for a walk at lunchtime (I don't really get a lunchbreak and I usually just sit at my desk). Even if its only 15 minutes it's better than nothing, plus it gets me out of the office to clear my head for a few minutes.

I just don't seem to be getting anywhere at the moment and because i've made an extra effort its very disheartening.

Bri

5 comments:

Mary said...

I think going back to WW is a great idea (of course I would) and to have a friend to go with, even better. I reckon it'll definitely help with the motivation.

Good going with your eating also. The exercise factor must be what is messing with the numbers. I know if I don't exercise, I can't maintain so it'll be good if you can get out while at work. Take advantage of all the breaks you can get because it will make a difference, not only to your numbers but your mental well being too.

How about the bike? Did you guys bring it out yet? The past few weeks I was cycling every night to TBL which helped. Maybe cycle to BB if you watch that or something else? Just an idea...

You'll get there babe, just hang in there. You have a lot on your plate so take things slowly and you'll find your groove. How about taking DS for a stroll in the pram? Enjoy your weekend!

x

Kathryn said...

The results will happen - just hang in there.

Walking at lunch time is a good idea. I'd go insane if i didn't get out of the office.

Yummy Mummy said...

Go for it.. I feel so strongly about the WW program how much easier it would be to go with a friend... do girl... you know you want to!!

Jadey said...

Hey gorgeous - Take a look at Body For Life. It's helped me sooo much and it may be great for you too.

Mel. said...

All I can say is if it feels right then go back, you have to be happy doing what every you do.

Exercise at lunchtime is also a great idea and is a great way to clear your head before you tackle the afternoon.

What every you do you need to be fully committed to and don't give up, results will come. Just be patient and you can do this.