Sunday, April 09, 2006

Back to basics

I know that i've said this a hundred times or more, but it's back to basics for me tomorrow. I've done enough stuffing around and I need to get back into losing "Virgin Fat" as Michelle says!!

We have a garage full of "stuff" at the moment and the exercise bike and treadmill and my workout DVD's are underneath it all somewhere. I will find them all by the end of next weekend and I will set myself up an exercise routine and I will stick to it.

I have 10 weeks until DS's 2nd birthday and i'm determined to be under 70 kilos by then. I can't even imagine how good it will feel to be a 60's girl, but i'm damnwell going to do it.

I have a box of Chocolate Optifast in the cupboard and i'm seriously considering trying it this week. I know every other time i've tried to stick to Optifast I cave in after a couple of days, but even if I did three days that would be a great kickstart to my weightloss again.

I'll keep you posted on that one. I think I might have 2 shakes and a small very healthy dinner so that at least i'm eating something.

I really love living in our new house, even though we have hardly unpacked anything as we haven't had time and there's just crap everywhere, it's so nice to know that it's ours.

The show last night was a cracker. There were about 200 people crammed in to the small auditorium at the club and they were all up dancing and having a great time. DH and I were very tired and a little over it by half way through the night. We're kind of glad we don't have another show until June, we both need a break, but the buzz you get when people are enjoying what you do is great.

OK update on the house - NO i'm not painting the kitchen red, even though I would love to, I think only two people said go for it, everyone else said stick to neutrals or you'll regret it, so i'm caving in to the popular choice and going neutral. Will keep you posted on that cos we probably won't get any painting done until the end of the year now and I may change my mind again.

Hey, it's my prerogative!!

OK, so now I would love to sit here and 'chat' with you all but I have to take advantage of DS being asleep and go and do some more unpacking and sorting out.

I hope everyone is well and kicking butt in the weight loss stakes, especially all you girls who did the Run 4 Kids today, I can't wait to hear how you all went. Kathryn has already given her "RUN" down on it!! LOL, that girl is a machine I swear - I would love to have half of her energy.

Ciao for now,
Bri

10 comments:

Kathryn said...

Ha, you wouldn't have wanted my energy if you'd seen me half an hour ago - curled up on the bed having a little nap.

Did I comment on the red kitchen cos I love bright colours. The thing is that paint is relatively cheap and you can always redo it if you don't like it. When I had my old flat, I painted the lounge room bright yellow and loved it. A lot of people said I'd regret it but no way. The secret is use lots of white with it - I only painted three walls and left one white so it didn't feel overwhelming.

But you do realise that red is the most appetite stimulating colour...

Cinders said...

Good luck with settling into your new house. My last 'new' house had a burgundy and black kitchen which was hot hot hot.
Have a great week.

Jadey said...

Awww I was so looking forward to the red! Charcoal is another HOT color! I lovvvveeee charcoal.

Good lUck with the unpacking and everything.

michelle said...

I know you can do this Bri. Focus and take it one meal at a time, one day at a time. Fake it till you make it....

Mary said...

I think it's good to go Back to Basics every so often and I'm doing it too this week :-) Great to hear about the gig going so well and yep, you deserve a break. Enjoy unpacking! Have a great week too matey.

Kellee said...

YAY for your own house! That sounds very grown up. You'd better not start acting all mature-like on me or I will be sad.

Right, now I really have to get a move on that war cry. If you've got ten weeks then I need to help you as much as I can. It's coming, I promise like Thomas(or Colin).

Yay for your gig too. I hope I get to hear you sing one day - that would be rad. Maybe we can do a duet - I play a mean "Polk Salad Annie".

abc said...

Hello Beautiful Bri. So glad you're posting again. I know its hard sometimes juggling life and blogging. I'm so relieved you are not going for the red in the kitchen LOL But I was going to be happy for you to do it too, if thats what you chose. But maybe you can have some big red kitchen applicances. That would look fabulous. The gig sounds great - would love to see you sometime. I can't sing at all, but I have alwasy thought it would be so amazing to be able to. I just imagine it would feel so amzing to be able to express yourself through singing. While you were 'away'I got into the 80's but slid back up over th 90's (just temporarily). I'm sending you great vibes to get into the 60's girl! That would be such a blast!!! How Exciting!!!

CaramelKitKat said...

Go with RED! In my Melb place I have a red glass tile splashback, stainless steel benches and appliances, charcoal cupboards below and white shelves above. Walls all painted white. Also, fake red leather dining chairs around a white table in the same space. Found some old cannisters in a junk shop in cream with red lid and letter on the front and as decoration only they warm it up and make it feel a bit homely. And, because I am a wanker, I had an old-looking, but brand spanking never been used new, red MixMaster on the bench. So yes, fair to say I am pro red. The way I saw it, after renting and needing permission to so much as hang a picture, this was my place and I was going to do whatever I wanted to it. All nostalgic now - *sniff!*.

Re the weight loss stuff, I think there's something in the water as back to basics is on the cards for a lot of people, myself included. Here's to a good result this week!

CaramelKitKat said...

Oohhhh, and have you seen Smeg's red fridges? They're beautiful!

philippa_moore said...

Have a great Easter in the new house Bri!