Friday, May 12, 2006

Cool stuff to do to waste time!

This is cool. Go to http://www.wikipedia.com/ and put in your day and month of birth (not the year) and you will find information on things that happened on your birthday.

Here are some of mine (22 October)

EVENTS:
1966 - The Supremes become the first all-female music group to attain a No. 1 selling album (The Supremes A' Go-Go).
1969 - Led Zeppelin release the classic album Led Zeppelin II, featuring the hit single "Whole Lotta Love."
1964 - Jean-Paul Sartre is awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature, but turns down the honor.

BIRTHS
1811 - Franz Liszt, Hungarian composer (d. 1886)
1844 - Sarah Bernhardt, French actress (d. 1923)
1919 - Doris Lessing, British writer
1938 - Derek Jacobi, English actor
1938 - Christopher Lloyd, American actor
1942 - Annette Funicello, American actress
1952 - Jeff Goldblum, American actor
1968 - Shaggy, Jamaican musician
1985 - Zachary Hanson, American musician (Hanson)
1990 - Jonathan Lipnicki, American actor

HOLIDAYS AND OBSERVANCES
Anti Police Brutality Day
French Republican Calendar - Pomme (Apple) Day, first day in the Month of Brumaire

2 comments:

Mary said...

LOL now that's some good time wasting :-)

A BLOG NOT HERE said...

Hi Briony :)

I love things like this! Thanks for telling me about it.

One of my favorite actors is Jeff Goldblum - I think his personality and acting is just so wonderful.

Can I please borrow your scales for my weigh-in on Sunday? ;)

Not only do I think you're doing so great on your diet journey, but I think I like your blog so very much that I'm adding it to my links.

The best to you, hon. :)